Thursday 24 January 2013

Reflection about finished brief

       Well, we had a brief, named "Who am I? Where am I?". And during several weeks we've been thinking about ourselves and our own world. So, I decided to make a photo session, cause this is smth new for me. I've never done it before and I haven't even thinking that it can be a single project. And it was very interesting for me. That's not like me, but it was very interesting.
        I was thinking about myself and understood, that I'm not an adult yet, but I'm not a kid already, so sometimes I'm feeling smth childish but in the same time adult inside me is so logical and so opposite child that... Ok, I don't know how to explain it. So, I remembered about my fears, which are very childish and "unlogical", but I feel so and I don't know what to do with it. And I have such a strong logic, so I can explain to myself, that there is nothing there behind the door or somewhere else. I wanted to make a project, which can show opposition inside me.




        About the process of creating. I'm not making a plan, cause I cannot think in certain schedule. Sometimes I can wake up during the night, or stopped my lunch, because there is idea born in my head. So I don't know exactly how much time do I need to create something. But I still can make a plan of making process, and even if sometimes there are some problems and stuff, my plan is always pretty accurate. I've discovered the space in my flat and in the street, so I decided where I can make photos. Then my friend came to my place, she is studying for a photographer and she helped me with the professional equipment, cause it was quite hard for me to work with it. I used flashes and photo camera Nikon D200, which I've borrowed. I put the flash into a refrigerator and set it up. It worked by bluetooth and when I pushed the button on the photo camera it worked somewhere else. My friend helped me, when there wasn't a place where I can put it and she was holding it. That was very funny to put a professional flash to a place where nobody will ever put it! So, my friend and I had a walk during the night to a forest near my house and had a picture of a tree. And this is one of my favourites! Finally,  we've made a photos of: refrigerator, washing machine, bed, picture, wardrobe, tree, box, corner of the house, door to the building and door to the flat. There were more of them (like a photo of mirror and photo of window), but then I decided not to use them.
        The white light is showing that there is nothing in there actually, but it is still sometimes dark and a bit scary and mysterious.
         At first I wanted to use Photoshop in my works, but then I decided not to use it when it is not necessary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment