Wednesday 6 March 2013

Reflection (From camera to infinity).


 Well, I've bought canvas 70x60, priming and oil. After layering priming I started to make an abstraction picture. I wanted it to be background at first, so I din't want there much forms or very bright colors. About colors: I wanted to show the atmosphere of this film by colors and messy forms. 

This is what was at the end.






Than I started to experiment. Well, I took sunflowers, shoe, big mustaches, which I've made by myself. I took a piece of sheep fur from my old coat and cut it.

 Also, I took paste for modeling and made a big gold tooth, cause in that film there were lots of people, who had "golden smile".  Furthermore, I visited my grand grandmother, who has some curtains and fabrics in that old style. So, all textile things are her. 



I experimented with textures, fabrics, old stuff and then decided to try change background a bit. I took a picture of Grga Pitić, who is smoking a cigar and watching a film in his big strange bed-chair. This is one of the most recognizable moments in the film, that is why I selected it. 










After all tryings I understood that I don't like it, that is why I made a messy rubbish on the canvas, finally. Here are some photos of it. But it was awful too... 



Finally, I decided to take just an abstract picture and photos, because sometimes simplicity is the most suitable one. But it was too simple and James gave me an advise to add more pictures. 

The problem was that I don't have money.

No comments:

Post a Comment